I suggest you ...

should offer a second test method. Endless

it keeps getting heavier until it breaks. Then you could have two different leaderboards that appeal to two different types of people. One for the cheapest design that passes, and one for the design that can stand the longest. If you did the endless test you should have different class brackets according to different price ranges. That way the really efficient designs could have a separate board from the more elaborate ones. Or you could have a bonus for the cheaper designs, but I really think your game will do better with more diverse leaderboards. It gives people more ways to compete and so they wouldnt tire of it.

140 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Josh Robinson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Josh Robinson commented  · 

I don't think he's gonna do this one. It's been in the top few for months without even a comment from Andrew. Must be too hard to implement I guess.

• Lucas Norber commented  · 

This is a great idea and would add a lot more replay ability to this game. I think it would work on almost all levels fairly easy IMO hopefully it's not to hard to code in :p maybe it could be done simply by a third test option using timing and rank by designs that make it the longest.

river dam = continuing pressure from more water
        roof = continuing pressure from more snow
        windy city = continuing pressure from stronger winds
        tree houses = continuing pressure from more children piling on
        crane = will be harder since physics would have to be changed likely somehow weight would have to be continually added
        Ferris wheel = would go faster and faster causing more force

• AndyC++ commented  · 

this is an awsome idea, as i always want to know just how much weight my structures can hold

• Dan commented  · 

Nice idea man!

• Jake commented  · 

add the test weights like in bridge basher

• Alex commented  · 

$70 for treehouse.

Maybe it was the next day. Idk. It's been awhile anyway lol

• Tuwee commented  · 

Dammit pressed 3 votes, not 1

• Tuwee commented  · 

Ommmg 74 I would like an endless test to see how much my 74 would hold

• Tuwee commented  · 

Lol u think a 186 roof is cheap, I have a 100 (I think mine is a glitch though) mine also shows no stress

Yea the wheel would have to spin progressively faster or something. Like I said b4 I had the roof in mind when I wrote that. I realized after, that the wording didnt work with all the scenarios. The idea though is that the structure undergoes progressively stronger forces until it inevitably breaks.

• Cineris commented  · 

Maybe the "budget system" that was suggested here might help you on that... But bringing the ranking methods too complex would make things less attractive for the masses. And about the Ferris Wheel, as you told... Mine would just keep on spinning undefinetly, so I don't know why there should be another mode for it... Maybe a gradually faster spin mode?

Not if the board if divide into different price classes and anything over a certain price wouldn't even be considered. Besides that wouldn't even work on the ferris wheel because if you add too many supports it breaks under it's own weight before it even moves.

• Cineris commented  · 

Yeah, but there should be no leaderboards for that one... As the most flooded and illogical design will win.

I want this feature partly because I have a fairly efficient roof design ($186) that doesn't even begin to show stress by the end of your test. I would really like to see how far it could go

Feedback and Knowledge Base