I suggest you ...

Rocket Launch

Design the structure of a launch pad that can withstand the energy and fuel exhaust of a rocket launch and keep the rocket stable.

274 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    wmm9wmm9 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChrisChris commented  · 

We need to add this. It ads the elements of tensile stress and heat.

• Tim DennerllTim Dennerll commented  · 

The mention of heat causing metal to bend like jelly sounds just like the explanation of why the World Trade Center's twin towers collapsed on 9-11. I remember hearing that long before steel reaches its easily measured melting point, other physical properties such as tensile strength are dramatically affected by temperature in a non-linear way. Therefore you could have a situation where a steel structure is perfectly stable at one temperature (say 1000 degrees) and completely unstable just 5 degrees hotter.

• BmasonBmason commented  · 

@Andrew Garrison I would think that heat would be a factor on a level like this, the exhaust coming from the rocket could easily heat metal to the point of bending like jelly. I don't think it would be similar to the river dam level if you could implement heat as a contributing factor to the stress of the metal supports.

• Jake Jake commented  · 

that could work also and more realistic but a U would have more pressure and be more of a new design in simple physics

• wmm9wmm9 commented  · 

I think that would be more realistic and provide not only something new but a more challenging level than just the the bottom like the river dam

• Jake Jake commented  · 

i view this level as kinda like a boxed "U" and the rocket lies in the center and shoots up so there would be pressure on the bottom and sides basically all the pressure is in the center pushing out

• Andrew GarrisonAdminAndrew Garrison (Developer, SimplePhysics) commented  · 

This level sounds very similar to the river dam level. I will plan on implementing it, due to its popularity, and also because I believe that it will look awesome, but in all likeliness, if you beat the river dam level, then you will beat this level.

• Jake Jake commented  · 

nice idea and very possible for this app

• NicNic commented  · 

Dammit you beat me to it! I just came on here to post this although instead I thought of it being the actual shuttle having to withstand the force of the rockets and air resistance, cool idea though huh?

• WhitWhit commented  · 

This might actually be a cool level if it's made the right way but it would be really hard

• wmm9wmm9 commented  · 

Thanks for the support guys this was the best that I could come up with haha

• mgb41mgb41 commented  · 

I could see this being a pretty cool level

• KyleKyle commented  · 

I like this idea a lot!! It sounds it would be a fun challenge

Feedback and Knowledge Base